Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Thoughts

My thoughts: Today during testimony meeting, someone related how God must feel watching us to how he felt as a parent, watching his daughter make mistakes. He spoke about how frustrated and confused he would get as his one year old daughter would crawl right off of the bed or the couch. "Why couldn't she understand that she would get hurt when she did that?" He related it to how God might feel when we don't read our scriptures or pray. He said, "Wouldn't God say the same thing, 'Why don't they read the scriptures?! Don't they understand that it hurts them when they don't?' " hmmm....

Josh gave a portion of the lesson in our combined Priesthood and Relief Society meeting. He talked about the purpose behind indexing. Our Stake has set a high goal to index 1 million names. By indexing these names, we're taking them from their paper form and making them digitally available for everyone. There are a lot of censuses to cover all over the world. So Josh talked about being able to do missionary work and temple work when you help index these millions of names. I've been indexing lately, as I've talked about, and haven't had any life changing experiences, but I've really enjoyed "getting to know" the people in the past. I have more respect for the mothers who took several children across the ocean to settle in America (Rhode Island, specifically!). I wonder about the women who have children later in their years. Were they like me and just didn't start having kids until they were older or were there children earlier on who just didn't make it? I wish each of the names came with their own stories. Indexing a batch of 50 names would take hours....

Josh's thoughts:
I am not much of a thinker but I would like to say are a few words. And they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

1 comment:

  1. I really like waffles. Thanks for being great. Go blog.

    Ashley says.. I like you guys a lot. You wear shoes. I hope you don't get into an accident involving birds.

    ReplyDelete