Saturday, March 28, 2009

St. Patrick's Day


I'm working a little bit backwards here but I just had to write about our successful St. Patrick's Day dinner. We coordinated with our fabulous neighbors, the Kmetzschs and the Heiners, and planned a magically delicious dinner this year. Kate and Cameron made a corn beef casserole that they dyed green, Pam and Quinn brought over potato salad (apparently there was not a cabbage to be found at the grocery store) and oatmeal muffins dyed green, and we brought key lime bars (that had green dye in them), lime Jello jigglers, and a green pitcher of limemaid to drink. It was fabulous! We pulled chairs outside and sat in a big circle, giving kudos to all of the contributions. We were able to enjoy the warm-ish weather outside during dinner and had a great time.

Tastebud reactions

Quinn modeling for the camera

I love our neighbors. Like a lot. Josh and I wouldn't have nearly as much fun in our triplex if it weren't for our good friends. We love playing games together and watching movies (I'm sure I'll blog about our summer movies in the backyard). They're just the best.

PS--Two days after the dinner Josh and I still had green poop! I'm sorry. I'm sorry....I just think it's so funny!!

1 comment: