Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Never Have I Ever" within the last 9 hours

So, this is a little twist on the game. Within the last nine hours I've experienced some things that I've never experienced before--and don't particularly hope to experience again. Rather than explaining in detail, I'm just making a list.

Never have I ever (until recently):

1. Gotten the flu after eating sushi. Okay, more than likely that's not really what happened. But 10 minutes after I finished indulging in my wonderful 18-piece roll I started getting chills, aches, my body temperature turned up a notch (which is dangerous considering how hott I am already), and I started getting all buzzy in the head. weird.

2. Had difficulty sleeping because of two thoughts: "How can I best display my work at the craft fair next month?" and "What is the name of the shade of purple used by most Christian religions to describe Jesus' robes?" Doesn't it have a name besides just "purple"? It's been driving me crazy and the answer is not on wikipedia.

3. Woken up at 12:30am (an hour after having gone to bed) thinking, and hoping, it was time to get up already.

4. Started my day at 3am. I sometimes have trouble sleeping but I think that stems from my new worry that I'll sleep through the 6:30am yoga class I'm supposed to teach three days a week.

5. Been so intent to reach my indexing goal. So starting at 4am to catch up on my goal is sort of new for me. If after this head start I don't take a huge chunk out of the number of names I have left--then I give up. Our Stake gave the challenge last June to index (extract) 1 million names within a year. We have 3 months left and have heard numerous talks about indexing. Sister Dicou gave a talk at Stake Conference that particularly moved me and so I took on the challenge to finish a bunch of names by the end of March. Like, a bunch. The Stake President said his mother does 10,000 names a month. So I'm doing 10,100. Cheeky, I know. But I'm gaining more and more respect for his mother as I'm now having to index 700+ names a day. That's about 4 1/2 hours if I'm not distracted--ha!

Fingers crossed I'll get some real rest today.

1 comment:

  1. hi! no you have ours...

    www.capenercaboodle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete