Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Gracie Lou Freebush

My best friend Grace got married on January 16th--just like I told her.

I met Grace my freshman year when we kind of liked the same guy. And then we realized that we didn't really like him--we liked being with each other better. So we roomed together the next year and had a BLAST! (Have you ever made throwing panties into the ceiling fan a hobby? Well, you should...) I went on my mission to Oregon and Grace went on her mission to Guatemala. And then I got married and then she went to France to nanny. When she finally decided to come home again, we had a long chat about her future plans with "the boy", whom she'd been dating for a couple of years. It was a long chat over a beautiful platter of Italian goodness and two hunks of chocolate sin plus several hours over the short couch in our house. Born of that conversation was the official date of when she needed to marry Kevin.

So on Saturday the 16th Josh and I drove to the Oquirrh Mountain temple and watched my beautiful friend be sealed to the love of her life. While Grace was caught up in her wedding gettin' busyness and festivities--Josh and I spent the rest of our time with my old roommates and friends from Rexburg. It. was. a. hilarious. night. Thank you Lindsey, Liz, Melissa, and Megan!

4 comments:

  1. Can I say how jealous I am that you all got to see each other :( You all look uber beautiful, I must say. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the EXACT same thing that Kimi did! It was like this: I am totally jealous that you got to see Liz, Lindsey and Grace! And of course, we should be jealous of them that they got to see you. That is a beautiful temple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...a beautiful platter of Italian goodness and two hunks of chocolate sin". What a classic description. I LOVE your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much I love your face!!! Thanks so much for being there through everything. PS- we must go out for some chocolate sin soon... :)

    ReplyDelete