Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Aerial Competition

In January, we went with Grant and Jill up to Deer Valley Resort in Park City to watch the pre-Olympic aerials competition. It was really cool! The resort was packed so Jill and I hopped out to find a spot while the boys parked the car. We had to duck-walk up the bunny hill because the snow was so slipperty (oops..that was an accident but I think I like it). Jill and I wormed our way into the crowd and watched the skiers shoot off the jumps. We couldn't see them at all beforehand and had to wait on the announcer to know when one was coming. They flipped and spun so fast that it was hard to grasp it all. I wish I could have seen some kind of slow motion replay.

We'd all gotten to the competition late so it was very short but very fun, especially the fireworks display at the end of the medal ceremony. It was probably the best fireworks show I'd ever seen--just ask Grant and Jill, they're firework connoisseurs.

From the bunny hill, looking down on Deer Valley Resort.

The bottom of the aerial course.

The mogul course right next to us.

A portion of the incredible fireworks display.


And here's a very sideways (can you be very sideways? I mean, either you're sideways or you're upside down, right?) video of our view of the aerials.

No comments:

Post a Comment