Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hot Date Night

It's 4:45 am. Josh and I have been working in his biology lab all night. He's been here since 9:15pm and I joined him around 10:30pm. The boy is finishing up a term paper that will be published in a scientific journal next year. It's titled Ontogenetic Shifts in Age in Utah Brown Trout (Salmo trutta) in Fall Months. He's a genius.

I've been working on some math homework and a peer review for a term paper and then a Christmas wish list....And I can't believe we're still here. The lab is three floors down from the main floor in the Widtsoe building so we have no idea what the early hours look like outside. It's probably still dark, which means it would still feel like 5pm or something. And we've loaded up on chocolate and Coca-Cola (and Lunchables and Hot Pockets) so we're probably still good to go for another hour.

Best date night ever.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man friend, Grant and I shouldn't have left you last night! It does sound so romantic. What could be better than the smell of the bio lab? Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering you were blogging during your "date" I assume that it was rather uneventful eh?
    LOL that's pretty funny. At least it wasn't in the cadaver lab!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time did you guys get out of there? And did you get any sleep?!

    The last time I studied ontogenetic um... stuff... was, well, never. I don't know what that is, but he does sound smart.

    ReplyDelete