Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Great Road Trip: The Cookie Monster Shirts

Our next stop on The Great Road Trip was to visit Conal and Monique Whetten up in Chicago. The Chicago-ian Whettens have five children that are always dressed in matching outfits. We thought it would be funny if we arrived at their house in matching shirts, as well. So the night before we left we made a midnight run to Wal-Mart to find shirts. Much to my absolute chagrin, the majority vote was for these hideously bright blue Cookie Monster shirts. Personally, my vote was on striped polos. Everyone (but me) thought the shirts were hilarious. So all seven of us (plus Dad) bought a shirt.

We definitely got funny looks as we stopped at gas stations along the way. I think most people assumed we were a Baptist youth group since the seven of us seemed like a storming mass because the shirts were so flagrant.

This is how ridiculous we looked:
Oh well. In the end it really was funny.

5 comments:

  1. Excuse me, but I think Tim also made a sense-of-style sacrifice and wore the shirt against his personal dress code. But I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tim did...but he left his shirt at my house. ha ha. That's what I should have pulled out for the ward Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uncross those eyes girl! or they will stay like that forever!
    cute pictures by the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. They aren't hideous. . . just loud! LOL At least it will be a fun memory and you have a shirt your kids can sleep in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Dahlia. The shirts are LOUD! LOL. I'll recover Tim's the next time I see the Chicago Whettens - unless Conal abscombs it.

    By the way, I want to see the Pizza picture here. Where's the pizza picture?!
    We want Pizza Issa!
    We want Pizza Issa!

    ReplyDelete