Monday, May 11, 2009

Selling at a Craft Show: CHECK

Okay, so selling at a craft show has never actually been on my list of Things To Do Before I Die but I'd say putting yourself out there with handmade product is a solid accomplishment. Alright, I'll say it: I'M REALLY STINKIN' PROUD OF MYSELF!! I AM SO COOL! I AM DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! I AM....

Fine, I'll stop.

Setting up the show was exciting. We got there early but ended up getting a less-than-ideal
area. Well, okay, I just didn't like the lighting in the room. But Thursday night was so packed that I was glad I wasn't in the center room.

Josh was a life saver. He picked up the trees and dropped them off at the show. Then went back home to pick up the bar table and chair and dropped them off at the show. Then picked up the perfect dinner and dropped it off for me at the show. (PS--The dinner was Lunchables and a heaping load of yogurt from Yoasis....It was delicious!)

My beautiful friend Willow helped me come up with the idea to hang my baby shirts from trees. I was able to rent a couple of bare trees (natural branches with white lights which were potted in cement) for a steal and hung the shirts with clothes pins.

Having admired the other displays, I was glad to have my goodies hanging up and catching attention.

The show was really exciting! Thursday night they had food and hired a DJ who actually played great music. The atmosphere was fun but the whole place was a frenzy. Most of the people who came that night were college-age folks who snatched and grabbed a little bit of everything. Most of everyone's stock was sold that night. It was great!

I had fabulous friends from the ward and family members who stopped by. They were so encouraging and really supportive of me. It meant a lot. Some of them slipped me sweet little notes on my display table.


The show continued until Saturday night. I never saw a bigger crowd than on Thursday night but I met some nice customers and vendors. I even caught a glimpse of the fabulous "Nie Nie" who has a famous blog here out of Utah.

All in all, it was an exciting but exhausting show.



5 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Good for you....it looks great!

    Nie Nie is out of the hospital? I thought she was going to be in there for some time. I know she has a long recovery ahead of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks so great! I love the tree idea, very whimsical. I wish I could have gone to see it but we were on vacation :( Glad you enjoyed it!

    P.S. Did you have the worst kink in your neck when you woke up from that nap? That's not the most comfortable-looking position...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great accomplishment. You really worked hard on that, and it shows in your goods and your display. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! Where did you get all that artistic and creative talent from? Your mother????

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so fabulous! Congratulations to a job well done. Coco-Sailore is a promising young company and I'm confident a world of options will open up to you as you continue. Keep it growing, girl!

    ReplyDelete